Exercise Calorie Calculator
To help manage body weight and prevent unhealthy body weight gain, the USDA recommends about 60 minutes of moderate- to vigorous-intensity activity on most days of the week while not exceeding caloric intake requirements. Moderate to vigorous intensity activity includes running, biking, swimming, aerobics, walking, heavy yard work, weight lifting, and basketball. Consult with a healthcare provider before starting a vigorous exercise program.
Regular exercise benefits your body in several different ways:
* Exercise increases muscle strength, tone, and definition.
* Increased muscle mass increases calories burned while at rest.
* Exercise burns calories during the course of your workout, leading to weight loss.
* Exercise helps the body burn fat and preserves lean muscle mass during weight loss.
* The body continues to burn calories at an elevated level long after the workout has been completed.
* Regular physical activity has been shown to reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases, including high blood pressure, stroke, coronary artery disease, type 2 diabetes, colon cancer, and osteoporosis.