Daily Calorie Budget Calculator
To calculate your daily caloric needs, your basal metabolic rate (BMR), the amount of energy your body needs to function at rest, is first calculated and multiplied by an activity factor. BMR includes the energy required to keep the heart beating, lungs breathing, body temperature stable, etc, and accounts for about 60-70% of calories burned in a day.
BMR formulas for women and men Mifflin-St Jeor method was used to calculate BMR. Enter weight in Kg and height in cm in the formula below.
* Women: 9.99 x weight + 6.25 x height - 4.92 x age - 161
* Men: 9.99 x weight + 6.25 x height - 4.92 x age + 5
Information about the activity level
* Sedentary: little or no exercise / bed-ridden / mostly sitting
* Light Activity: doing mostly desk jobs / < 1 hr of physical activity/day
* Moderate Activity: housework / 1 hr of physical activity/day
* Very Active: About 2 hr of physical activity/day
* Extremely Active: > 2 hr of daily hard work (athletes/farmers)
Note: A deficit of about 500 Kcal a day will result in weight loss of 1 lb a week. Remember to exercise to boost your metabolism.